Friday, June 17, 2011

Earn your ink.

For those of you that watch NY INK on tlc thursday nights at 10 my long time friend whom I've known since middle school is tattooing on the show.  Her name is Megan (goes by megan massacre) she has always been an amazing artist and when she puts her tattoo gun to skin she makes amazing life long art work.  I have a few tattoos by her done about 7 years ago when she was just starting out.  So for my 12th tattoo I plan to go visit her at the wooster street social club in Soho (where she is working and the show was filmed) and get a tattoo of a great icon tattooed on my right thigh.  Bettie Paige is who I'm talking about.

I hope to go visit in a few weeks.  Please watch the show and show your support!!! When I get the tattoo I'll be sure to post a photo on the blog.  Until then here and two of the images that I am contemplating between...



                                                                             OR


2 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda - Nice post. I recently just stumbled upon the show a few weeks ago. Never in my life considered getting a tattoo until I saw Megan's work. She's amazing. I wrote a blog about it if you'd care to read it. Looking forward to seeing photos of your new tat.

    jameswood.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed the post, if your in the new york area you should definitely go check out the shop! Out of curiosity what kind of tattoo would you get? I'll have to stop by and check out your post. Had to postpone my trip to NYC but I should be going in a week or so, so be on the look out for my new tattoo.

    ReplyDelete